On Friday many of our Harvest Hornets celebrated International Dot Day to celebrate creativity, courage, and collaboration. Author Peter H. Reynolds, who wrote The Dot, shared:
As I walked the hallways I observed classrooms connecting and collaborating while celebrating our Harvest Hornets’ unique gifts. It is my hope that all our students continue to have space to be creative, find courage, and collaborate here at Harvest.
Additionally, classrooms are working hard this month to learn about one another and celebrate what makes each student special. From name activities to learning about traditions, our staff believes in Peter Reynolds’ idea to champion students’ uniqueness to move the world to a better place.
- September 19th – School and Family Partnership; School Safety (6-7pm)
- September 21st- EL Breakfast at Harvest Elementary School (9:00am)
- September 25th – September 29th – Saline Area Schools Spirit Week
- September 29th – Early Release #1 (1:10pm dismissal; lunch served)
- October 5th – Foundation for Saline Area Schools Luncheon
- October 6th – Harvest Fun Run
- We have currently raised $8,655.00 (34% to goal).
- 28% of our Harvest Hornets have registered including at least two Harvest Hornets in each of our 20 classrooms.
- We have donations from 16 states, Australia, Canada, and the United Kingdom.
- Mrs. Mierkowicz, Mrs. Jermyn, Mrs. Widen, Mrs. Mayer, Mrs. Smith and Mrs. Lavery‘s classrooms have all passed 50% of their classroom goal. Mrs. Zebrowski‘s class is very close to the 50% mark!
- Follow these Three Simple Steps to help us get to our goal fast!
- Sign up to help in the lunch room HERE
- Information about next week’s Homecoming week (September 25th – September 29th)
- SHS Student Council is inviting your school/club to participate in the 2023 Homecoming Community Parade!
- All schools, clubs, student groups, and community groups are invited to participate in the parade! Floats, walking with a banner, wearing group t-shirts … be creative!
- If interested in participating, please fill out the Parade Application by Friday, September 22. You will then be sent additional information about line up instructions.
- Line up at 4:30 (auditorium side parking lot) – parade at 5pm down Campus Parkway
There are NO scheduled bus route cancellations for the week of September 18. The Transportation Department and many supporting staff from other departments are using all available drivers to cover bus routes. Due to our continued need for bus drivers, unplanned route cancellations due to illness/injury are still possible. The Ride 360 app will be used to communicate unplanned cancellations. Please make sure you have enabled notifications on the app. Instructions to install and use the Ride 360 app are available on the Saline Area Schools Transportation website.
- EL Parent Information Breakfast this THURSDAY
Did you know that Saline Swarm of Voices is back! Swarm is a choir made up of 3rd-4th graders. Swarm is under the direction of our grades 5-8 choir teacher, Eric Floetke. If your student loves to sing, Swarm is the place for them!
Registration is open now and rehearsals start Wednesday, October 25th. Rehearsals are every Wednesday at Saline Middle School from 4:15pm-5:15pm.
Please follow the link to register: Click Here To Register
- Additional Information
- Saline Community Education
- Harvest Elementary Website Main Page
- Harvest Spirit Wear Order Form
- Breakfast & Lunch Menus
- Harvest Walk Area Map (from transportation)