A Note from Ms. Sickler
What fun we had last week with Spirit Week and concluding with our Harvest Fun Run. This week students will get a visit from an ice-cream truck to celebrate our school meeting its goal!
This week all our Kindergarten – Third Grade students will be completing the NWEA test for both reading and math. A few notes about the test:
- The test will be given in the classroom on an iPad or Chromebook
- The test is untimed. Students are given as much time as they need to complete all of the questions.
- The NWEA assessment test is just one of the many pieces of data and methods that our teachers use to measure academic progress.
To learn more about NWEA and access parent and student resources, please visit the following site www.nwea.org. Once there, select the “Assessment” tab. Then select “Resources for Parents”. At the bottom of that page, you can download a “parent toolkit” for the NWEA.
Harvest Helping Hands is a community project developed by the PTA to inspire the spirit of generosity in our school. Each month we will highlight a local charity. We ask our students and families to consider learning about and giving to these causes. Our hope is to show our students that even little acts can make a big difference. The month of September will be:
Each class will be collecting loose change every morning the week of September 23rd – 27th.
Monday, September 23rd
- NWEA Testing: First Grade & Mrs. Nelson’s Classrooms
- Specials Day 4
Tuesday, September 24th
- NWEA Testing: First Grade, Mrs. Hollis, Mrs. Terech, Mrs. Toth, Ms. Knoedler, Mrs. Widen, Mrs. Calero, and Mrs. Deo-Perez’s Classrooms
- 9am: Saline English Learner Parent Breakfast (Harvest Staff Lounge)
- Specials Day 5
Wednesday, September 25th
- NWEA Testing: Kindergarten & Mrs. Nelson’s Classrooms
- Specials Day 1
Thursday, September 26th
- NWEA Testing: Kindergarten, 2nd Grade, Mrs. Hollis, Mrs. Terech, Mrs. Toth, Ms. Knoedler’s Classrooms
- Fun Run Treat – Ice Cream Truck at Harvest
- Specials Day 2
Friday, September 27th
- NWEA Testing: Mrs. Taggart’s Classroom
- Specials Day 3
Save The Dates
- September 28th, 6th Annual RunTough
- ROAD CLOSURE ALERT: Campus Parkway and Community Drive will be closed per police order from 8:30-10:30am. ChadTough would love to have you join this family-friendly event to help them raise money for pediatric brain cancer research. You can learn more at www.chadtough.org/run.
- October 16th, Texas RoadHouse Fundraiser
- October 17th, Foundation for Saline Area Schools Tip-Off Event (RSVP Required)
- October 31st, First Early Release Day (information about childcare linked here)
iChat Link (all parent volunteers need to fill this out prior to volunteering)
THANK YOU, Harvest Families, for your support!
Sweet Tweets of the Week
Did You Know?
Did you know that Saline Area Social Services offers scholarships for after school activities? Contact Patty Dysko (firstname.lastname@example.org or 734-429-4570) to learn more.