Welcome to the 2023-2024 School Year

Welcome Harvest Families,

My name is Emily Sickler and this is my fifth year serving as the proud principal of Harvest Elementary School.  If I have not yet had a chance to personally meet and welcome you to Harvest, please read page 3 of our Harvest Handbook where I share a message and a short video.

If you have driven by Harvest, you can see that crews are working hard on our roof.  This project is a two-year project with half of the roof to be completed this year and the reminder to be completed in Summer 2024.  Thus far, we are right on track with the roof work that needs to be completed for Summer 2023!  While work is happening outside, we are also working hard inside the building to make sure we can welcome so many new and returning students to Harvest this year.

I will use this blog to keep you updated with all Harvest Happenings!  Please be on the lookout for weekly updates each Sunday at 3:00pm. The cadence of this blog is consistent, with the following sections:

• Note from Ms. Sickler
  • Save the Dates
  • PTA Points
  • District Notes
  • Quick Links
  • Did You Know?
  • Ms. Sickler Reads

I hope to keep you informed on the most pertinent information about what is happening here at Harvest to keep all students safe, joyful, and able to thrive.  If that is not the case for your child, please reach out to me directly so we can meet.  I can be reached at sicklere@salineschools.org.

Our Harvest Handbook has a wealth of information.  Throughout the next few months, I will be pulling out pieces of the handbook to highlight in this blog.

I am grateful for the most important work that I do… walking alongside families as students take some of the very first steps in their educational journeys.

Emily

• August 11th and 12th – Saline Summerfest
  • Week of August 17th – Look for information from Transportation Department about bussing information
  • August 17th – Teacher Assignment Letters shared via PowerSchool email at 3:00pm
    • If the Powerschool re-enrollment forms are not completed by 8/14 (for returning Harvest students), families will not receive teacher placement letters on the 17th.
  • August 23rd – Harvest Open House (5:30-7:00pm)
  • August 28th – First Day of School for 1st – 3rd graders
    • Y5 & Kindergarten Orientation (specific times sent with teacher letter)
  • August 29th – First Day of School for Y5 and Kindergarten students
  • August 30th – September 3rd – Saline Community Fair
  • September 1st & September 4th – No School

If you want to know more about Harvest PTA and how to get involved, feel free to check out our Harvest PTA Welcome Letter.
2023-2024 Harvest Board Members:
  • Katie Reynolds-President (harvestptapresident@gmail.com)
  • Lori Garcia-Treasurer (harvestptatreasurer@gmail.com)
  • Karly Melkonian-Recording Secretary (harvestptarecsec@gmail.com)
  • TBD – Volunteer Coordinator/ Communications (harvestvolunteercoordinator@gmail.com)
  • TBD – Vice President (harvestptavp@gmail.com)
  • Chris Burke – Spirit Wear (harvestspiritwear@gmail.com)
  • Sandra Alfonso – Community Outreach (harvestptacomoutreach@gmail.com)
  • Melissa Reeves – Teacher Liaison (reevesm@salineschools.org)

Student ID numbers were sent to emails. This number is important for students and families to access important school applications and systems. Please refer to your email for more information.Photo from @salineschools on Instagram on salineschools at 8/1/23 at 7:43PM