- PTA Board Meeting
- Thursday, December 9th @ 9am
- Have questions/concerns/ideas and can’t make the meeting? Feel free to share via email (email@example.com)
- SAS Staff Shout-Out
- Harvest Helping Hands – Toys for Tots
- Harvest Helping Hands and Miss Saline are collecting toys for Toys for Tots. You may find a donation box at Harvest or other various SAS buildings or Saline businesses. Please donate a new unwrapped toy by December 16th. Thank you!
- Lunch Help
- Sign up to volunteer as a Y5 – 3rd Grade lunch helper HERE (dates through 12/17)
- Harvest Spirit Wear Order Form
- Breakfast & Lunch Menus
- Harvest In-Person Toolkit
- Harvest Elementary Website Main Page
From Dr. Laatsch’s Community Message:
Parents and community members have asked about our own safety procedures within the Saline Area Schools. Here is a recap of many of the safety enhancements that we have put in place over the last several years.
As you may recall, the theme of our 2016 Bond was “Safe, Secure, Warm and Dry” and with the support of our voters we were able to secure our schools and install buzzer systems and safety glass in each building. In addition, we are currently using a visitor management system (RAPTOR) to screen visitors. Finally, we have strengthened our relationships with the Saline Police Department, the Pittsfield Department of Public Safety and the FBI to monitor and assess potential threats.
The State of Michigan also requires several school safety drills each year. The number and type of drills are specified and must be performed in every school building. Schools may conduct additional drills, and Saline does add two additional drills for cardiac/medical emergencies.
Read entire message HERE.
Sweet Tweets of the Week
Did You Know?
Did you know that all 2nd and 3rd graders are able to join Saline Heritage Science Olympiad? Learn more and sign up HERE.