- Please consider helping Harvest as we support Saline Social Services with a toilet paper and kleenex drive. We will be taking toilet paper and/or tissue any time until 11/19!
- Curious about Harvest Staff’s favorite things? On our Harvest Webpage, click the plus sign on “Our Favorite Things” to learn more about each staff member at Harvest.
- November 9th, 10th, and 11th – Parents are invited to learn about Saline’s practice of culturally responsive teaching as an effort to strengthen pedagogy and intensify instruction while recognizing the valued identities of students as a major facilitator of learning.
Sign up here: https://bit.ly/3nyZIRo
- November 12th – Part 2 of a Webinar to learn more about Sensory Processing Disorders
November 17th- 1/2 Day of School; Afternoon & Evening Conferences; Book Fair & Spirit Wear Sale (Room 217)
November 18th- 1/2 Day of School; Afternoon & Evening Conferences; Book Fair & Spirit Wear Sale (Room 217)
November 19th – 1/2 Day of School
November 24th-26th – Thanksgiving Break – No School
- Harvest Spirit Wear Order Form
- Breakfast & Lunch Menus
- Harvest In-Person Toolkit
- Harvest Elementary Website Main Page
From Dr. Laatsch’s Community Message:
The Covid-19 vaccine is now approved for 5-11 year olds and is authorized to be distributed to local health departments, schools, etc. The Washtenaw County Health Department (WCHD) will begin offering the vaccine on November 9th. Click HERE for more information and/or to schedule an appointment. SAS hopes to be able to host our first vaccination clinic at Heritage School for 5-11 year olds on November 16th. We are working with the MDHHS vendor (LTS) to confirm this date and we will share more information as soon as it becomes available. We encourage you to reach out to your child’s physician to discuss vaccination and for more information about other vaccine opportunities that may be available to you.
Read entire message HERE.
Sweet Tweets of the Week
view Domino video HERE
Did You Know?
Did you know that Saline Area Schools partnered with Busch’s to help provide holiday meals to families in need? If you would like to help provide a meal for a family please follow the steps below:
– Purchase a $50-$100 gift card at the Saline Busch’s
– Leave the gift card with the cashier and say it is for “Randy for SAS meal program”
– Busch’s will collect the gift cards and distribute them to school social workers
– School Social Workers will distribute to families in need to be exchanged for a cooked Busch’s Thanksgiving meal
Ms. Sickler Reads!
- Diwali Video (Younger Student Read Aloud) – more suited for younger students and a little longer (5 min). This is a video of a read aloud, and it is animated.
- Diwali Video (Older) – more suited for 2nd grade to 5th grade students
- Diwali Video (Hindu Origins) – This video tells more about the Hindu origins of the Diwali