A Note from Ms. Sickler
A few notes about Harvest Happenings this week!
- We begin WIN (What I Need) at Harvest on Monday. Your child may share that they visit another teacher and are with other students to do some additional learning around reading. Learn more about this program HERE.
- Our Harvest Fun Run is THIS FRIDAY! We will have students participating outside on our playground track during the following times:
- 9:10-9:40 AM Young 5 & Kindergarten
- 9:55-10:25 AM 3rd Grade
- 10:30-11:00 AM 1st Grade
- 11:05-11:35 AM 2nd Grade
If you are interested in joining us on Friday, please sign up HERE.
- We are so close to our goal, and have received donations from 30 out of 50 states, Canada, Puerto Rico, and Germany! We are still working towards the goal of having Kona Ice at our Fun Run on Friday.
October Specials Calendar
Save The Dates
- October 5th – Count Day
- October 20th – Early Release #2 (1:10pm dismissal; lunch is served)
- October 21st – No School (Fall Break)
- November 21st -1/2 Day; Conferences (12:10pm dismissal; no lunch)
- November 22nd-1/2 Day; Conferences (12:10pm dismissal; no lunch)
- November 23rd – 25th – No School
- Absentee ballots are available this week starting Thursday, September 29 at your local City or Township Clerk’s office. #SASBond2022
- The federal McKinney-Vento Act considers individuals who lack a fixed, regular, and adequate nighttime residence as homeless. This includes students living in the following situations: emergency shelters/transitional housing; motels or hotels; unsheltered or in substandard housing; shared housing due to a loss of housing, economic hardship, safety concern, etc; living temporarily with a non-parent or guardian. The Education Project (EPHY) is a joint program of Washtenaw Intermediate School District and Ozone House working to ensure students in temporary living situations enroll, regularly attend, and succeed in school. We serve children & youth, ages 0-21. The Education Project provides the following resources and supports: Transportation, Financial Assistance, Services Referrals, Academic Support, and Advocacy. Please contact your building Principal, Emily Sickler 734-401-45010, or the School Social Worker, Terri Pickett 734-401-4509 if you think your family could benefit from this program.
- District Calendar
- Volunteer Information (RAPTOR System)
- Accessing REMIND account
Sweet Tweets of the Week
Did You Know?
Did you know Saline Swarm of Voices is back? Swarm is a choir made up of 3rd-4th graders. Swarm is under the direction of our grades 5-8 choir teacher, Eric Floetke. If your student loves to sing, Swarm is the place for them! Registration is open now and rehearsals start Wednesday, October 26th. Rehearsals are every Wednesday at Saline Middle School from 4:15pm-5:15pm.
Please follow the link to register: Click Here To Register