A Note from Ms. Sickler
To all those who celebrate,
This Wednesday is our Final PTA Community Conversation from 6:30-7:00pm at the Harvest Cafeteria. We will be discussing the following items:
- Staff appreciation week
- Harvest field day
- PTA board/committee positions for the 2023-24 school year
We will also have our new Harvest spirit wear for sale. We hope to see many family representatives there!
This FRIDAY, April 14th, is our 3rd-grade music concert for all four classes. The concert will last approximately 30 minutes. Please do not arrive more than twenty minutes before the performance.
Order your 2022-2023 Harvest Yearbook HERE
PTA is looking for parent help to collect notes of appreciation for our upcoming Staff Appreciation Week (SAW). Volunteers will need to come to student lunches to collect sticky notes from each student (sticky notes provided by PTA). Volunteers are needed from 10:45 AM-1:15 PM. Please review the available slots below and click HERE to sign up.
- We want to let our amazing staff know how appreciated they are by providing a quick breakfast before their weekly staff meeting on Wednesday, 5/3/23. Please deliver all items to the school by pick up on Tuesday, 5/2/23 so they can be set up for the early staff meeting. All items should be delivered in disposable containers. Thanks! Please review the available slots below and click HERE to sign up.
- We want to show our amazing staff how much we appreciate them by having the Harvest families provide a taco bar lunch on Thursday, 5/4/23. All donations must be turned in at drop off on Thursday morning. Please deliver your item(s) in disposable containers, unless your dish needs to be served warm; please bring those in a crock pot (labeled with your name). Anything that needs to be returned will be available at pick up on Thursday afternoon. Thanks for making our Harvest Staff feel special! Please review the available slots below and click HERE to sign up.
April 11: Board of Education Meeting @ 6:30 pm
April 13: Parent/Caregiver DEI Education Series (via zoom) 7:00 pm
I am asking you to vote in the upcoming May 2nd election. Saline Area Schools will be on the ballot for an operating millage renewal. This is not a BOND, it is a 10 year millage renewal proposal that is part of the normal, day-to-day, funding structure for all Michigan School Districts.
If you only own one home, you would NOT pay this millage. It would be paid by second home owners, businesses and all other non-principal residence property owners.
It would help SAS continue to generate a little over $8.5 million dollars for the GENERAL OPERATING budget (the budget that helps pay for teachers and other staff members) on an annual basis for the next 10 years.
If you have more questions about this operating millage proposal, please go to www.salineschools.org and you can click on the pop-up button “Millage Renewal 2023.”
Please click HERE for more details about the SAS Millage Renewal.
For questions, feedback, or concerns….please click HERE and fill out the form.
Again, Please vote on May 2nd.
Family Input For the 23-24 School Year
This is your opportunity to share your thoughts regarding your child as we start gathering information to begin the placement process for the 2023-20234 school year. These input forms will be open throughout the remainder of the current school year.
- Incoming Young 5s/Kindergarten Students
- Incoming First Grade Students
- Incoming Second Grade Students
- Incoming Third Grade Students
- Incoming Fourth Grade Students (information will be shared with Heritage)
- District Calendar
- Volunteer Information (RAPTOR System)
- Accessing REMIND account
- Harvest Elementary Website Main Page
- Harvest Before & After Care (run through Saline Community Education)
- Harvest Spirit Wear Order Form
- Breakfast & Lunch Menus
- Harvest Walk Area Map (from transportation)
Sweet Tweets of the Week
Did You Know?
Did you know Community Education summer registration is open? Browse their interactive guide at https://bluetoad.com/