Week of December 5th – December 9th

A Note from Ms. Sickler

• As the weather gets colder, please ensure your child comes to school prepared to go outside for recess.  We go outside for recess daily unless it is raining or colder than 10 degrees with the windchill.  The photo below is used around our school to help remember the order of how to put on outside clothes because we all know trying to zip up your coat after you have put on your gloves can be tricky! Additionally, an extra set of winter clothes in your child’s locker is also great for accidents or if clothes get wet at recess.

• As we begin trimester two, please review our drop-off/pick-up procedures.  If we all work together, we can make sure that drop-off/pick-up runs safely for all our students.  If a new adult is picking up your child at Harvest, please let them know of the procedures ahead of time.
    • Do not leave your car unattended at any time in the pick-up loop or the drive into and out of the school.
    • A student may not walk into the pick-up loop to enter a vehicle.  They may only enter the vehicle at the curb and enter on the passenger side of the car.
    • The pick-up loop is a single loop, DO NOT wait for two abreast and have your child walk between cars to your car on the inside lane.
    • DO NOT use the bus loop to pick up your child or park your car.
  • This week I will be out of the building from Tuesday afternoon – Friday attending the MEMSPA (Michigan Elementary & Middle School Principal’s Association) Annual Conference where I will be proud to share our Harvest story and honored to receive the Region 2 Principal of the Year award.  When asked to write my biography for the award, I was able to write about the resiliency, joy, and creativity I witness from the entire staff at Harvest.  I shared about the partnership, the positivity, and the thoughtfulness of our Harvest families.  And I shared that our Harvest Hornets are the most amazing, fun, and inspiring kids around which makes it easy to show up to work hard each and every day.  While I am gone, central administrators will be at Harvest covering my absence.

Emily

Save The Dates

• December 7th – Community Education Winter & Spring Program Registration Begins
  • December 14th – PTA Community Conversation @ Harvest Cafeteria (6:30-7:00pm)
  • December 23rd – January 8th – No School
  • January 13th – Early Release – Dismissal @ 1:10pm (lunch served)
  • January 16th – No School
  • January 19th – PTA Winter Family Fun STEM Building Event (6:30-7:30pm)

PTA Points

District Notes

Click HERE to access the official SAS school calendar for the remainder of the 2022/23 school year.

In addition, we often get asked about future calendar dates, beyond the current school year. Saline Area Schools collaborates with the rest of the school districts in Washtenaw County and schedules the same Winter and Spring Break Dates as established by the Washtenaw County Intermediate School District. Below is the chart that outlines both Winter and Spring Break Dates for the County through 2026:

Quick Links

District

Harvest

Sweet Tweets of the Week

Did You Know?

Did you know that December 12th is the last chance for fall portraits?

Ms. Sickler Reads!