A Note from Ms. Sickler
A positive parent-teacher partnership can be a powerful way to support a child’s growth throughout the school year. At conferences, you can expect that your child’s teacher will share strengths within different subjects as well as areas that students are working to develop. You can also expect teachers to share how things are going socially, as well as how students are developing independence and work habits in the classroom. Often teachers will share student work so you can see examples of your child’s progress. In the past, teachers may have shared a child’s specific reading level, but as a district we’re moving away from that practice to focus more on the specific reading behaviors your child is working on in order to become a strong, independent reader.
Check out this PBS KIDS webinar featuring parents and educators and find out how they support the children in their lives. Family experts share ideas on how to come together to build a parent-teacher relationship, communicate to help your child learn and grow, and celebrate when your child thrives.
Remember, Monday and Tuesday are half-days (12:10 dismissal, no lunch is served) and NO SCHOOL Wednesday – Friday. Enjoy the Thanksgiving Break!
Save The Dates
- November 21st – Last Chance for Fall Portraits (get picture taken at schoolpictures.com 302 W Forest Ave)
- November 29th – Saline Area Chamber of Commerce Annual Christmas Tree Lightening Ceremony & DEIAC Open House
- November 30th – 2nd & 3rd graders: Science Olympiad Kick Off Meeting (7:00pm @ Heritage Media Center)
- December 3rd – Saline Area Chamber of Commerce Presents Christmas Around the World Annual Holiday Parade
- December 7th – Community Education Winter & Spring Program Registration Begins
- Families can still shop our book fair online through 11/27
- Conference Dinner Snack Sign Up
- Please join us in providing snacks for the Harvest Teachers and staff during conferences! Please send in donations no later than the morning of Monday, November 21st. Thanks!
Saline Area Fire Department is hosting a Holiday Toy Drive for Saline Area Social Service now through Thursday, Dec. 22nd! All the toys collected will stay within the Saline community. Please drop off new, unwrapped toys at the Saline Fire Station (205 E. Michigan Ave).
- District Calendar
- Volunteer Information (RAPTOR System)
- Accessing REMIND account
Sweet Tweets of the Week
Did You Know?
Did you know the Saline District Library has a book club for students in grades 1-4?