Welcome to the 2022-2023 School Year

A Note from Ms. Sickler

The 2022-2023 school year is right around the corner. I’m excited to be welcoming so many students to Harvest this year. I will use this blog to keep you updated with all the Harvest Happenings!  Please be on the lookout for weekly updates each Sunday at 3:00pm. The cadence of this blog is consistent, with the following sections:

• Note from Ms. Sickler
  • Save the Dates
  • PTA Points
  • District Notes
  • Quick Links
  • Sweet Tweets of the Week
  • Did You Know?
  • Ms. Sickler Reads

I hope to keep you informed on the most pertinent information about what is happening here at Harvest to keep all students safe, joyful, and able to thrive.  If that is not the case for your child, please reach out to me directly so we can meet.  I can be reached at sicklere@salineschools.org.

Our Harvest Handbook has a wealth of information.  Throughout the next few months, I will be pulling out pieces of the handbook to highlight in this blog. 

I am grateful for the important work to walk alongside families as students take some of the very first steps in their educational journeys.

Emily 

Save The Dates

• August 18th – Teacher Assignment Letters shared electronically
    • If the Powerschool re-enrollment forms are not completed by 8/15 (for returning Harvest students), families will not receive teacher placement letters on the 18th.
  • August 18th – New to Harvest Event (5:30-6:30pm)
    • Join Principal Sickler, PTA Members, and Harvest student ambassadors on the Harvest playground to build community and tour the building.
  • August 21st – Weber-Blaess Ice Cream Social

• August 24th – Harvest Open House (5:30-7:00pm)
  • August 29th – First Day of School for 1st – 3rd graders
    • Y5 & Kindergarten Orientation (specific times sent with teacher letter)
  • August 30th – First Day of School for Y5 and Kindergarten students
  • September 2nd & September 5th – No School

PTA Points

On Thursday, August 18th from 5:30-6:30pm families that are new to Harvest are welcome to join us on the Harvest playground.  PTA representatives can answer questions and help families get connected to our wonderful community.  Families can take a self-guided tour of the building, learning about Harvest from our student ambassadors along the way.  Have a chance to meet Ms. Sickler prior to Open House on the 24th.

If you want to know more about Harvest PTA and how to get involved, feel free to check out our Harvest PTA Welcome Letter.

District Notes

Saline Area Schools focuses on how to best harness new technology and provide developmentally appropriate learning resources, improve instruction, and increase student achievement while also developing students’ digital citizenship skills.  In order to address issues related to mobile device usage, district leadership has decided to increase the guidelines to include the following:

Quick Links

District

Harvest

Sweet Tweets of the Week

Did You Know?

Did you know the Saline Community Fair is from August 31st – September 4th?

Ms. Sickler Reads!

Starting at the 1:06 mark Ms. Sickler reads The Day You Begin