A Note from Ms. Sickler
Tomorrow is our Harvest Field Day!
- Young 5s, Kindergarten, & First Grade Schedule
- 9-11am: Field Day Activities (playground)
- 11:15-11:45am: Lunch (bring a towel, hot lunch available)
- 1:00-3:00pm: Bounce Houses
- Second & Third Grade Schedule
- 9-11am: Bounce Houses
- 12:00-12:30pm: Lunch (bring a towel, hot lunch available)
- 1:00-3:00pm: Field Day Activities (playground)
- Please make sure students dress in layers, bring a water bottle labeled with their name for a fun day outside, and a towel for lunch.
- Field Day Volunteer Sign Up
- Volunteers, if you have not already volunteered and are in our Harvest Raptor system, please plan on coming 10 minutes early to sign in on Friday.
Remember, this Thursday and Friday are 1/2 days of school. School ends at 12:10pm and lunch is not served.
Last Day Clap Out!
From Dr. Laatsch’s June 3rd Community Message
Important Dates to Start the 2022/23 School Year
August 21 – Weber-Blaess One-Room Schoolhouse Ice Cream Social (1-4 PM)
August 24 – Elementary Open Houses (K-3) – 5:30-7:00 PM
August 24 – Heritage Open House (4-5) 6:30-8:00 PM
August 29 – 1st Day of School for Students for the 2022/23 School Year
August 30 – MS Open House 6:30 – 8 pm (6 pm for New Families)
August 31 – Ag Olympics at the Saline Fair (featuring SAS staff and students) – 6:30-8:00 PM
September 8 – HS Open House 6:30 – 8 pm
Click HERE for the 2022/23 SAS Calendar
Read entire message HERE
The last day of school this year is Friday, June 10th (a half-day). If your student currently has medication in our school office, please be sure to pick up your child’s medication on or before this date. After June 17th, all medications left in the office will be discarded. Some of our buildings will be under construction and offices may be inaccessible after school is out.
If your student will need to take medication during school hours next year, please fill out a medication form (physician notes are also acceptable) and bring it to the office, along with the medication, at the start of the school year. School forms and other important information can be accessed at the District Health Services website at here. A physician’s signature is required for all prescription medications administered at school. If your child will be seeing their physician over the summer, please have him/her complete the form at that time. Physician offices are extremely busy the first few weeks of school!
- Thank you to everyone who donated socks for our final Harvest Helping Hands event!
- Sign up for lunch help HERE (through June 10th).
- Harvest Daily COVID-19 Tracker
- Harvest Spirit Wear Order Form
- Breakfast & Lunch Menus
- Harvest In-Person Toolkit
- Harvest Elementary Website Main Page
Sweet Tweets of the Week
Did You Know?
Did you know that Acadience student reports are being sent home this week? At SAS, our elementary school staff use an assessment series called Acadience™ to help us examine how your child is doing in learning important mathematics and literacy skills. Acadience Reading and Math are made up of short assessments focusing on different skill(s). Much like using a thermometer to take a child’s temperature as an indicator of overall health, each subtest acts as an indicator of progress. The subtests are timed as is it important for students to be able to apply each skill automatically. Along with observations and other assessments (like the Fountas & Pinnell Benchmark Assessment), Acadience scores tell us whether a child is likely to be “on track” for learning or whether a child may need some additional help in order to meet grade level expectations. Acadience scores are interpreted relative to Benchmark Goals. Benchmark goals (targets) increase throughout the year as students progress and learn.