A Note From Ms. Sickler
- We invite all families to line up outside at 12:00pm on the playground track. No need to check in the office ahead of time, please just come and line up on the track.
- Our community is experiencing different levels of comfort during this pandemic. Though wearing masks is not obligatory outdoors, please consider supporting others by wearing your mask.
- Our third graders will parade the halls then walk outside the first-grade doors, take a lap around the track, and then walk to the front of the building for dismissal at 12:10pm.
- Noisemakers, cowbells, and other celebratory items strongly encouraged (don’t forget your tissues too).
Young 5s, Kindergarten, 1st-grade, and 2nd-grade classes will be dismissed at 12:10pm through the main doors as usual.
3rd Grade Virtual families – Students that want to participate in the clap out at Woodland Meadows or Harvest head to those schools to prepare for the clap out at 11:45am. Harvest students will meet Mrs. Nelson and Ms. Knoedler at the doors closest to the playground and the first-grade hallway. Woodland Meadows students will check-in at the office and will be directed to Mr. Perry’s classroom
Last Chance – Input forms close June 11th! If you would like to provide input for your child’s placement for the 2021-2022 school year, please use the Google Forms listed below:
- June 9: Half day (12:10PM dismissal)
- June 10: Half day, last day of school (12:10PM dismissal)
Here are your “home school” updates:
Harvest Specials Rotation
In-Person Students: Here is the schedule and rotation for the days that you are in school.
Check out CHOICE DAY activities HERE.
Virtual Students: You will be following your daily special schedule.
From Dr. Laatsch’s May 28th Community Message…
Latest Covid-19 Health Guidance
As mentioned previously, we will continue to require masks to be worn in our school buildings for the remainder of the school year.
As it relates to outdoor recess, the Washtenaw County Health Department has determined that it is OK for students to NOT wear masks IF there are less than 100 students out at any one time. Building principals and teachers are monitoring this closely when out on recess duty.
As we move to the end of the year, there are some school-building celebrations that are starting to take place. We are applying the same recess rule to these events. If these celebrations involve less than 100 students at any one time, masks will not be required to be worn. If there are over 100 students, we will require masks.
As it relates to the following school year, District Nurse, Karan Hervey, and I will be working closely with our local health department to determine how the vaccination process, covid rates, and other mitigation strategies will impact the start of the 2021/22 school year on August 30th. Again, we are planning for a full 5-day a week in-person instructional model. We will make sure to keep the community informed throughout the summer regarding our planning processes.
Read entire message HERE.
Sweet Tweets of the Week
Did You Know?
Did you know that this year’s art show happened digitally? Check out art from all SAS buildings HERE.
Ms. Sickler Reads!
Enjoy Evie’s Field Day!