A Note From Ms. Sickler
- Your child’s first trimester report card was sent home on home electronically last week. Please take time to review your child’s progress and reach out with any questions and/or concerns that you may have. If you did not receive your child’s report card, please contact the Harvest Office at email@example.com.
- As we continue to work together to stop the spread of COVID-19, a few resources for your family:
- Interested in a free thermometer? Check out this program HERE.
- Here are some updated resources from our district nurse, Karan Hervey:
Here are your “home school” updates:
Harvest Specials Rotation
From Superintendent Graden’s December 4th Message:
All Saline Y5-12th grade students will continue in the remote learning model through Friday, January 8th, 2021. This decision is based on the local community spread and our ability to operate the in-person school day. In addition, our leadership team believes that the best thing we can do for students at this time is to provide a consistent instructional model.
Read Superintendent Graden’s entire message HERE.
A Note from our Social Work Team…
Dear SAS Families,
As we head into the holiday season and the global pandemic continues, we know that the needs of our families continue to be significant. We are continuing our partnering with Saline Area Social Services to offer assistance to struggling families.
Similar to Thanksgiving, Saline Area Schools families (including school of choice students and employee children) are eligible to receive bags of supplies for a Winter Break meal from Saline Area Social Services (SASS).
List of items:
- Two packs of macaroni and cheese
- a can of cream of mushroom soup
- turkey gravy
- two cans of peas
- two cans of tuna
- egg noodles
- peanut butter
- a pack of mashed potatoes
- either pistachios or dried blueberries
- cake mix
Please note that similar to SASS Thanksgiving bags, they will add fresh produce into the bags as well. Depending on availability, they may also have turkeys as well.
Please call Saline Social Services at 734-429-4570 by Thursday, December 17th. When you call, let them know that you are a Saline Area Schools family.
Saline residents may also apply with Saline Social Services for on-going assistance including:
- A weekly food pantry that includes fresh, frozen, canned and boxed goods, diapers, toiletries and paper products. We also provide special items, like laundry soap, dish soap, shampoo, deodorant, and feminine hygiene products to our clients monthly.
- Referrals to government agencies and additional resources that can help our clients with specific needs.
- Limited assistance with rent, energy bills, car repair, and prescription co-pays.
- Rent assistance, in emergency situations only.
- Utility must be in client’s name. Client must be on a budget plan or payment protection plan or have a shut-off notice. In shut-off situation, client must go to Department of Human Services first and get verification of what DHS will pay.
- We can assist with co-pays for prescriptions filled at our partner pharmacy (Saline Pharmacy) once the client enrolls in the Washtenaw County Prescription Plan, Medicaid, Medicare Part D, or a private insurance carrier.
- Personal items — such as eyeglasses, backpacks, children’s musical instruments, and supplies.
- Back-to-School backpacks and supplies, including new shoes.
- Birthday gifts for children under the age of 18.
- The Holiday Meal Program, providing a complete holiday meal for Easter, Thanksgiving, and Christmas.
- Adopt-a-Family Program, which matches our families with generous adopters for gifts during the Christmas season.
If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to your building’s School Social Worker. Contact info can be found here.
Thank you and take care,
SAS School Social Work Team
Directions for ordering here: How to Order from Original Works.
Be sure to enter our school code: HARV (it is case sensitive) so we get the credit for it. Money raised from this goes directly to classroom teachers to buy things like books that can be used in the classroom.
Thank you for supporting our school in this way!
Have ?s: Contact Amanda Ledy at firstname.lastname@example.org
Sweet Tweets of the Week
Did You Know?
Did you know that the Washtenaw Elementary Science Olympiad will be holding a virtual Science Olympiad in 2021 starting in January and running through May?