A Note From Ms. Sickler
- Lock-Down Drill – This Wednesday and Thursday: Harvest will be completing our first lock down drills of the year on Wednesday and Thursday. We are required by the state to complete three lock down drills a year. I will make an announcement that we are practicing to stay safe by having a lock down drill and that it is important for everyone to listen to the teachers. This drill typically takes about 3 minutes to complete. I have included a social story video if you would like to talk with your child ahead of time.
- Conferences: The district has made the decision to hold all conferences virtually this fall. Your child’s teacher will be sending out communication to sign up for a time to meet November 18th or 19th via Zoom. If you are interested in meeting with any of the specials teachers, please reach out to them directly to schedule a virtual conference:
- Mrs. Dana – email@example.com
- Mr. Glennie – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mrs. Larsen – email@example.com
- Mrs. Reeves – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mr. Sherman – email@example.com
- Fun Fall Friday: We hope you had a fun fall Friday and were able to look at some of the many activities shared in our Harvest Slide Deck. The answer key to slide 5 (Guess Who) is below! How did you do??
Here are your “home school” updates:
A message to our IN-PERSON Families
In-Person Students: Here is the schedule and rotation for the days that you are in school.
On the days that you are not in school, check out these enrichment activities. This will also be shared via SeeSaw on Monday.
Virtual Students: You will be back following your daily special schedule.
- Miss the 10/29 Community Forum? Check out the notes HERE
- Superintendent Graden’s 10/27 Hybrid-Model & Screening Updates
Monday, November 2nd
- BLUE DAY
Tuesday, November 3rd
- GOLD DAY
Wednesday, November 4th
- BLUE DAY
Thursday, November 5th
- GOLD DAY
- Survey about 2nd Trimester sent out (Due Sunday)
Friday, November 6th
Save the Dates
- November 16 & 17th – Picture Retake Day
- November 18th & 19th – Virtual Parent-Teacher Conferences
- November 24th – 1st Trimester ENDS
- November 25th – 27th – NO SCHOOL; Thanksgiving Break
- November 30th – 2nd Trimester BEGINS
A note from the Harvest PTO:
This unique year has presented many challenges for our Harvest staff, students and the people that care for them! The Harvest PTO wants to be sure that we can continue to support our Harvest family the best that we can.
We might not be able to host many of the activities or events that we have done in the past. But we still have financial needs/expenses. For example, we continue to reimburse every teaching staff for their classroom expenses up to $100. Staff are also able to submit mini-grant requests for larger expenses. Past mini-grant requests paid for by the Harvest PTO include an Animal Alphabet rug that comes to life through Virtual Reality in the Media Center, adding sensory items to Resource Rooms, creating a Lego Wall in the Media Center, supplementing expenses for teaching staff to attend valuable conferences and getting tons of books for the Media Center, Classrooms and students!
Conferences are coming soon and traditionally Harvest families have provided food contributions and monetary donations to support dinner for the staff. As we are staying away from potlucks and buffets right now, we will be making arrangements for the PTO to pay for their order at a local establishment instead.
In a typical year, to raise PTO funds we would host a Fun Run, our largest fundraiser with students garnering pledge donations from friends and family leading up to the Event Day. In addition, families could pay $10 for a PTO membership. This year we are not doing either of those. We are keeping things simple. We also want to be very mindful that many people have different financial challenges right now. With that in mind, we want to respectfully ask that if you are able and interested in helping to support the Harvest Staff and students, please consider making a DONATION on our Harvest PTO Shop found at the following link harvest-pto.square.site. Every dollar will help!
While you are visiting our Square shop, be sure to check out our Harvest Spirit Wear! We have Sweatshirts & T-Shirts in Youth sizes as well as Adult sized T-Shirts and some awesome cooler bags. Check out our low prices!
We know we have an incredible Harvest family and we appreciate your continuous support! Please let us know if you have any questions at HarvestPTAPresident@gmail.com
Sweet Tweets of the Week
Did You Know?
Did you know that the main page of our Harvest Website has a section of staff member’s favorite things?