Week of September 28th – October 2nd

A Note From Ms. Sickler

To my in-person families…

• We are beyond excited to have you back in the building starting on Monday (for BLUE students) and Tuesday (for GOLD students).  Please take a look at our Harvest In-Person Toolkit that gives more information about procedures and ways we will be keeping our students safe when at school.
  • Morning Drop-Off
    • Watch this quick video where my friends Addie, Cece, and Ali help show how we are lining up in the morning!
    • Please refrain from dropping off your child(ren)/walking your child(ren) to their lines prior to 8:30am.

• Afternoon Pick-Up
    • Please stay on the grass away from the teacher pick-up spot until your child is in their spot with their teacher.
    • Once you have picked up your child, please immediately head to your car so we have enough space to socially distance.
  • Picture Day is coming up on October 5th (Blue) and October 6th (Gold).  Students will get their pictures taken in school during the day.

Ms. Sickler

To my virtual families…

• I am so impressed to see the growth that has already occurred in the virtual classrooms.  Students continue to amaze me showcasing their ways to share learning and connect with their peers.  It does not go unnoticed the level of commitment of families to make this happen, thank you for all you are doing to support your child(ren).
  • Picture Day is this Wednesday!
  • Here are your “home school” updates:

Ms. Sickler

Harvest Specials

In-Person Students: Here is the schedule and rotation for the days that you are in school.

On the days that you are not in school, click on the corkboard for activities.  This will also be shared via SeeSaw on Monday.

Virtual StudentsYou will be back following your daily special schedule.

Young 5s Lab Art PE Music Media
Kindergarten Media Lab Art PE Music
1st Grade Music Media Lab Art PE
2nd Grade PE Music Media Lab Art
3rd Grade Art PE Music Media Lab

District Notes

Upcoming Events

Monday, September 28th

• BLUE DAY

Tuesday, September 29th

•  GOLD DAY

Wednesday, September 30th

• BLUE DAY
  • Virtual Students – Picture Day @ Liberty

Thursday, October 1st

• GOLD DAY

Friday, October 2nd

• Asynchronous for all students

Save the Dates

• October 5th and 6th – Picture Day at Harvest
  • October 16th – No school for students & staff, Mid- Fall Break
  • October 30th – Early Release Day #1, Professional Development for all K-12 Staff

PTA Points

We need volunteers for Monday, September 28 through Friday, October 2. If you can assist with greeting the students and helping them find their class line-up, please sign up HERE.

Harvest Helping Hands Calendar

Sweet Tweets of the Week

Did You Know?

Did you know that we have a new secretary at Harvest Elementary School?  Please welcome Alyssa Dawson to our Harvest family!

From Ms. Dawson:

Hello! My name is Alyssa Dawson or Ms. Dawson and I am the new secretary for Harvest Elementary.  I have worked with students for many years in Saline Community Ed through our youth theatre programs.  Theatre is a great passion of mine and I love to see what our Saline students create through the arts.  I love to travel, especially student travel. I’ve also had the opportunity in recent years to take students on a few international trips to London, Italy, and Paris, before the pandemic became an issue!  If you can’t tell from the photo, I absolutely love Winnie the Pooh and Harry Potter! Pooh has been my favorite Disney character for a long time and your students may see him masked up on my desk. I love to read and I have over 200 books in my own personal library and it’s an ever growing collection.  I am so excited to get to know your students throughout this year, even if it might look a little different!

Ms. Sickler Reads!