A Note From Ms. Sickler
These past two weeks have been challenging as we have heard from students and families about the racism they have faced at school and in our community.
I stand with Superintendent Graden and the rest of the Saline Area Schools Administration and together will address offensive and insensitive comments as they arise in our schools.
During Friday’s Community Meeting I discussed with our students how to be an “upstander” and not a “bystander”.
Are you a bystander or an upstander?
At some time, every kid becomes a bystander—someone who witnesses bullying but doesn’t get involved.
You can be an upstander instead—the person who knows what’s happening is wrong and does something to make things right. It takes courage to speak up on someone’s behalf. But just think: by doing so, you are becoming a person of character and also helping someone else.
Please reach out to myself and/or your child’s teacher for any additional supports or resources.
Monday, February 10th
- Specials Day 3
- McMaster/Ridinger/Smith Field Trip (Hands on Museum)
Tuesday, February 11th
- Specials Day 4
Wednesday, February 12th
- Specials Day 5
- Mierkowicz/Pereira Field Trip (Hands on Museum)
Thursday, February 13th
- Specials Day 1
Friday, February 14th – Early Release Day (Dismissal @ 1:10pm)
- Specials Day 2
- Harvest Brick Orders DUE (flyer: Harvest Brick Order Form 2020 (1))
- 9:15am – 1st Grade Valentine’s Day Party
- 10:15am – Ms. Holmberg’s Valentine’s Day Party
- 11:30am – Kindergarten Valentine’s Day Party
- 12:00pm – 2nd Grade Valentine’s Day Party
Save the Dates
- Monday, February 17th – No School, President’s Day
- Wednesday, February 19th – Harvest Coffee & Conversation (9:30-10:30am and 5:30-6:30pm)
- Thursday, February 20th – 3rd to 4th Grade Transition Night (5:30-6:30pm)
- Saturday, February 29th – FSAS Snowblast
We raised over $400 for our Chew for Charity event on Wednesday! The money will be donated to the Kids Against Hunger organization which packages and distributes highly nutritious meals to children and families in 70 countries.
Sweet Tweets of the Week
Did You Know?
Did you know that we continue to collect box tops to help support our teachers and their classrooms? Our next pick up time is Tuesday, February 18th. Read more about this program here – Harvest Fundraiser launch (1)