A Note From Ms. Sickler
We are looking to get feedback from parents and students about how things have begun in Innovation Labs. Although we are still in the beginning stages, we are interested in your initial impressions. Below, please let us know things you have experienced with your child as well as any additional feedback.
Please take this quick survey (linked HERE)
Monday, January 27th
- Specials Day 3
Tuesday, January 28th
- Specials Day 4
- Deo-Perez/Taggart Field Trip (Hands on Museum)
Wednesday, January 29th
- Specials Day 5
Thursday, January 30th
- Specials Day 1
Friday, January 31st
- Specials Day 2
- 3rd Grade Oh Mi! Roadtrip Presentations (2:45-3:15pm)
Save the Dates
- Thursday, January 30th – International Potluck Dinner for ELL families (flyer linked HERE)
- Tuesday, February 4th – Harvest Science Fair (6pm)
- Friday, February 14th – Early Release Day
- Monday, February 17th – No School, President’s Day
- Wednesday, February 19th – Harvest Coffee & Conversation (9:30-10:30am and 5:30-6:30pm)
- Saturday, February 29th – FSAS Snowblast
Saline Area Schools 2020/2021 Calendar has been released!
Sweet Tweets of the Week
Did You Know?
Did you know that about five years ago, Harvest jumped into research and developed a new homework policy that we view is of greater benefit to our students and families. This is not a no homework policy, rather it is a shift in our belief, based upon research, that homework should be something a student does that is of high interest and extends a child’s learning and wonder.
Over the years we have seen an increase in homework, with that the pressure and stress amongst students and parents is also increasing. As we continue to research this topic, there is no evidence that supports improved student performance associated with homework especially before middle school. Most homework robs our children and our families of our most precious resource: time. Time to think, play, and connect with one another and friends. There is also a decrease in time to read, rest, discover, run, fall, fail and learn from it all. Most importantly, time to love. Read more HERE.